RIBO Category: Technical
If you're looking to become a commercial insurance broker (or if you already are one), there are a ton of different products and risk exposures that your clients face.
Become a better insurance broker and avoid E&O by learning about these niche coverages so you can better advise your clients.
This course is a study on specialty insurance, political risk, malicious tampering, supply chain, new exposures, 3D printing, nanotechnology, GMO's, etc. Examples of topics covered include:
- Contamination & Malicious Tampering
- Kidnap & Ransom
- Terrorist Acts - Property, Business Interruption, Contingent Business Interruption, 3rd Party Liability, Employers Liability
- War, Political Risk & Violence
- Products Recall
- Reputational Harm & Brand Protection
- Supply Chain Business Interruption
- Difference in Conditions / Limits
- Emerging Risks - GMO, Climate Change, Nanotechnology, Fracking, International Regulatory Regimes
Students must pass the final exam before a certificate will be issued.
Sign up for the CE Subscription and get unlimited access to 30+ CE Courses.
Douglas started in the insurance industry in 1974 working in claims, commercial lines, and marketing before landing as President of CHES Special Risks Inc. In 1979, he received his CIP Designation and became an Associate of the Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC).
In 1985, he became an Approved Instructor for the Insurance Institute of Canada. Since then, he’s run seminars and CE courses for brokers all over the world including helping to create several certification programs for insurance brokers and MGA's. Doug also has work published in Canadian Underwriter Magazine: Terrorist Acts Insurance (2015) & Faulty Workmanship (2016).
At PNC Learning, Doug shares his expertise with students by creating CE courses covering critical broker skills and all of the latest and most important topics impacting our industry today.