Effective Date: December 10th, 2020
- Service Subscription
- Service Description. The Service includes, but is not limited to, online lectures, study guides, tips and practice questions relating to Canadian insurance licensing examinations, as further described on pnclearning.com (collectively, “Courses”). Courses are subject to change at any time, at PNC’s sole discretion, without notice or compensation.
- Subscription Fee. PNC charges a fee to access each Course, as detailed at pnclearning.com and is subject to change without notice (the “Subscription Fee”). The Subscription Fee may be charged on a one-time basis or on a recurring yearly basis, as specified by PNC. The Subscription Fee excludes applicable taxes, duties and charges. You shall provide PNC with a valid credit card to be charged for each Course you purchase a subscription to, which shall be billed and charged by PNC and third parties authorized on our behalf. If you choose to have your Subscription Fee charged on a recurring basis, you agree that your credit card shall be charged annually on the anniversary of your purchase (or such later date selected by PNC). You may elect to terminate a recurring Subscription Fee by clicking the cancel Subscription button within the Service. Each purchase of a Course is non-refundable even if you choose never to access such Course. To the extent you do not use all Courses offered as part of a recurring Subscription Fee, such unused Courses do not roll over upon renewal of the Subscription Fee and are forfeit.
- Pass Guarantee. The pass guarantee is available to you if you have written the exam during your original enrolment period (prior to any extensions, etc.) but failed. To submit a request for an extension under the pass guarantee, you are required to submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: an original copy of your exam results that include the date of the exam and how many more months you need. Extensions granted to you under the Pass Guarantee will be for an amount of time that PNC deems reasonable.
- Refunds. As the Services are online programs, PNC is generally unable to offer a full or partial refund of your payments to PNC, including the Subscription Fee once access to the Services has been provided to you (a “Refund”). Notwithstanding the above, PNC may provide a Refund, in PNC’s sole and absolute discretion, if a Refund is requested within seven days of purchase. If technical problems prevent you from accessing the Services, your only remedies are either replacement of the Services or a Refund, as solely determined by PNC. PNC may refuse to provide a Refund: (a) if you already accessed paid content on the Services; (b) if you accessed the “Downloads” section; (c) in cases of fraud; (d) due to refund abuse; or (e) due to other manipulative behaviour that may entitle PNC to a corresponding legal claim. Each Refund amount shall be decided by PNC in its sole and absolute discretion and shall be based on the particular details of each Refund request. Furthermore, if you access the paid content of the Services or the “Downloads” section, the maximum amount of Refund PNC is able to offer is equal to the lesser of: (a) the amount paid to PNC minus the cost of the corresponding course notes for that program, as described on pnclearning.com, or elsewhere in PNC’s marketing materials; or (b) the amount paid to PNC multiplied by the percentage of the Service you have not accessed, as determined by PNC. You may submit a Refund request using this tool: https://www.videoask.com/f5m0z9gms.
- Term and Termination
- Accessing the Service
- Access. Access to the Service requires hardware including but not limited to a computer or mobile device and an Internet connection. You agree to provide all hardware and the Internet connection required to use the Service and shall be responsible for any fees incurred when accessing the Service through an Internet connection.
- Account Login Information. Your Account is accessed by a username and password set by you or by way of single sign-on through a permitted Third Party Service (“Login Information”). You are the only person allowed to access your Account and are prohibited from sharing your Login Information. You are solely responsible for keeping Login Information confidential and agree to be bound by any use of Login Information, including any purchases, whether or not you authorized such use of Login Information. If you become aware, or reasonably suspect, unauthorized use of your Account, you must immediately change the password that is part of Login Information. Any questions concerning unauthorized use of an Account may be emailed to PNC at email@example.com.
- Use of the Service. You agree that you will not use the Service in the following manner:
- engage in conduct that PNC determines, in its sole discretion, to constitute improper use of the Service;
- decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Service or otherwise attempt to derive the Service source code;
- except as expressly permitted by PNC reproduce, rearrange, modify, translate, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute or sublicense the Service. For clarity, you cannot distribute Course materials, such as lending a study guide to a friend;
- knowingly exploit a flaw or bug in the Service;
- sell, rent, lease or sublicense the Service or access thereto; or
- allow another person to use your Account or any materials associated with a Course.
- Ownership. All right, title and interest in and to the Service including but not limited to copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, computer code (source and object), Courses and Accounts are owned by PNC. PNC reserves all rights in the Service. As part of the Service, you may provide PNC with comments, questions, testimonials, advice, ideas or other information through but not limited to comments on Courses or our blog or emails to PNC (“Submissions”). By providing Submissions, you represent and warrant that you have all consents, licenses and rights necessary to license Submissions to PNC and you hereby grant to PNC an irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to Submissions under all copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, privacy and publicity rights and any other intellectual or industrial property rights you own or control to use, broadcast, disclose, display, distribute, modify, make derivative works of, publicly perform, publish, record, reproduce, sublicense (on multiple levels), translate, transmit or otherwise exploit for all purposes and in all formats and mediums without attribution, notice, permission, royalty or payment to you or any third party.
- Disclaimer. The Service is provided to you “as is” and PNC disclaims all warranties and conditions, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party rights, to the extent permitted by law. without limiting the foregoing, PNC makes no representations or warranties that The Service will meet YOUR requirements or that operation of THE SERVICE will be uninterrupted, continuously available, error free or will not harm computerS or mobile deviceS. while pnc makes every effort to ensure that courses are up to date and contain necessary content, pnc does not represent or warrant that Courses will prepare you for any examinations or that you will successfully complete any examinations. No oral advice or written information provided by PNC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, representatives or assigns, will create any warranty and you shall not rely exclusively upon such advice or information. you bear the entire risk as to the performance, operation and quality of the service.
- Limitation of Liability. PNC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, representatives and assigns shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of or relating to the Service or third party services including, without limitation, consequential, incidental or special damages, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF CONTENT, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL and ANY AND ALL OTHER tangible and intangible DAMAGES OR LOSSES, even if PNC has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
note that some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of certain terms or warranties oR exclusion of liability for certain damages and, If any disclaimer or limitation of liability is found unenforceable, void or does not fully shield PNC from liability, you agree that PNC’s maximum aggregate liability to You in any case whatsoever will be the TOTAL amount YOU paid to PNC in THE 12 months immediately preceding the date of the harm in question.
- Publicity. You agree that PNC may use your name and logo, attribute Submissions (such as testimonials) to you and reference you as a customer for advertising, promotion or similar public purposes and hereby grant PNC a non-exclusive, worldwide license to your name and logo for such purposes.
Additional Terms for Purchases made from REED.co.uk (the “REED Terms”)
Under the Reed Terms, you may cancel your purchase of a Course made through REED.co.uk within the period of 14 calendar days from the date on which you purchased the Course (the "Cancellation Period”). Note that if you redeem your voucher during the Cancellation Period, you expressly request PNC to begin providing the Course materials immediately and you acknowledge that you lose your right to cancel the purchase of the Course and receive any refund for it.
In case you decide to cancel your purchase of a Course during the Cancellation Period, it can be done in the following way:
You may submit a Refund request using this tool: https://www.videoask.com/f5m0z9gms.
Upon receipt of a Cancellation Form, PNC will evaluate the Cancellation Form and determine if the request was timely made and if course materials were accessed.
If you cancel the purchase of a Course within the Cancellation Period, PNC will issue a refund for the Course within 14 calendar days from the day on which PNC determines you are entitled to a refund.