RIBO Credit Category: Ethics
Insurance is a relationship business. To be a successful insurance broker, you need to know how to treat customers fairly.
Learn the guidelines and outcomes to treating customers fairly according to the regulatory bodies of various provinces: the Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators (CCIR) +
- Alberta: Consumer Protection Act
- British Columbia: Financial Institutions Commission of British Columbia (FICOM)
- Ontario: Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
- Manitoba: Business Practices Act
- Quebec: Financial Services Consumer Alliance (FSCA)
- Saskatchewan: Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan (FCAA)
- New Brunswick: Financial and Consumer Services Commission Act
- Nova Scotia: Fair Treatment of Customer Guidance & Financial Services Consumer Alliance
Students must pass the final exam before a certificate will be issued.
Sign up for the CE Subscription and get unlimited access to 30+ CE Courses.
Douglas started in the insurance industry in 1974 working in claims, commercial lines, and marketing before landing as President of CHES Special Risks Inc. In 1979, he received his CIP Designation and became an Associate of the Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC).
In 1985, he became an Approved Instructor for the Insurance Institute of Canada. Since then, he’s run seminars and CE courses for brokers all over the world including helping to create several certification programs for insurance brokers and MGA's. Doug also has work published in Canadian Underwriter Magazine: Terrorist Acts Insurance (2015) & Faulty Workmanship (2016).
At PNC Learning, Doug shares his expertise with students by creating CE courses covering critical broker skills and all of the latest and most important topics impacting our industry today.
Treat Customers Fairly Video
Treat Customers Fairly Quiz
$149.00 / year
$149.00 / yearGeneral Insurance Continuing Education (CE) Course Bundle